Wednesday 9 January 2013

Goblinsss

Good evening! This blog post will be about my goblins, as well as a preview to tomorrow's blog update.

One army that i have been working on getting ready for quite a while are the goblins that dwell beneath the mountain in the halls of Moria. Ever since watching The Fellowship of the ring, I always got such an awesome feeling watching all the goblins fighting the fellowship in Balin's Tomb and chasing them through the Chambers of Marzabul. So here they are, ready to take on dwarves and any other intruders who enter the mines.

To paint these, I used the painting guide shown in The Fellowship of The Ring book as I had done a test model and they came out as I wanted them. Sure i added some layers with lighter and darker colours, but that was pretty much the base of it. For those looking at BGiME issues 1 and 20, there are painting guides for goblins. Unless you are really awful at painting and need something fast and easy, I really suggest you don't follow them. If anybody would like a detailed summary of the colours I used, comment below.


Leading my force at the minute is a converted goblin captain, as seen in BGiME #22. He is one of my favourite models in my army, an easy conversion and a great leader (that is until I get the moria goblin command set in finecast).As a side note, sorry my pictures are a little bad, i'm using my brother's iPad and i don't think the macro settings are too good.

To end this blog post, I will leave you with a picture from tomorrow's post. See if you can figure out whats gonna be happening. Anyways, have a nice night and enjoy.

2 comments: